Help / Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions about this service or you can’t find your company, please get in touch.
Shareholders can contact us on:
UK: 0371 664 0330 calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. We are open between 09:00 - 17:30, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.
Employees can contact us on:
Phone: 0371 664 0330 calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate. We are open between 09:00 - 17:30, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in England and Wales.
The share portal is an online service enabling you to view and manage all aspects of your shareholding securely. You can do everything here that you would do on the phone or by post*, it’s free and available 24/7 at your convenience.
- View holdings plus indicative price and valuation
- View movements on your holdings
- View dividend payment history
- Register or change bank mandate instructions
- Change your address
- Register or change your email address
- Sign up to receive communications by email instead of post
- Access the online voting service
- Buy and sell shares online
- View, download or print shareholder documents and booklets
* The full range of services available online depends on what your company offers
We offer three ways to manage your shareholding - online, telephone and post. If you're comfortable using online services you may find that the share portal is faster and more convenient than calling or writing to us. It's also free and available whenever you want.
Once you've registered you'll be able to access the share portal whenever you have an internet connection.
To register you need your investor code*, and you’ll be asked to create a username, password and memorable word which you’ll use to login in the future.
Services are easy to find from the options along the top of the page, and help is always available either next to the fields you’re completing or via further ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (’Help’?).
*Your investor code is up to 11 digits long and can be found on recent communications such as your tax voucher or share certificate.
No, the share portal is designed to be easy for everyone to use.
There are a few things to bear in mind though, to ensure you don’t have any problems using the site:
- We have designed the site to be best viewed in the following browsers:
Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7, and Mozilla Firefox versions 1, 1.5 and 2
If you use an older browser it may be worth installing a newer version to improve function and security of not just this website but any others you use
- If you want to view or download any of the documents on the share portal you’ll need Acrobat reader software - it’s free and safe to install, and instructions are available once you’re logged in
- All your details within the share portal are protected with the latest encryption - you can tell if a page is secure by looking for ‘https’ in the address bar at the top of your screen, or sometimes a padlock in the bottom right of your screen
We constantly monitor and improve security on the share portal to ensure your details are kept safe and secure. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt the information you view and submit online.
We've designed our registration and login processes to match widely adopted, best practice principles. They may be more rigorous than some other websites you use, but we believe they’re appropriate to the nature of information you’re viewing.
You can get further information about online security at
www.getsafeonline.org, or the
Financial Conduct Authority website
If your search doesn’t return any results, you can check your spelling and also check the exact trading name of the company - sometimes this changes over time.
If you still don’t get any results it may be that the company does not offer the share portal service, or that we are not the registrar or share plan administrator for them. If you’d like us to double check this for you, please get in touch.